Nissan made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 held in Las Vegas last week.
During his CES keynote, Renault-Nissan Alliance Chairman and CEO Carlos Ghosn revealed several technologies and partnerships. These included:
- The launch of Nissan' breakthrough Seamless Autonomous Mobility (SAM) system, developed from NASA technology
- Leading a Renault-Nissan Alliance engagement, Nissan and Japanese Internet company DeNA will begin tests aimed at developing driverless vehicles for commercial services.
- A new Nissan LEAF will be coming in the near future. The model will be equipped with ProPILOT technology, enabling autonomous drive functionality for single-lane highway driving.
- The Renault-Nissan Alliance is continuing its partnership with Microsoft to build the next generation of connected car technologies. The keynote included a demonstration of how Microsoft's personal assistant technology Cortana can make driving more efficient and enjoyable.
- A new partnership with 100 Resilient Cities - Pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation
These technologies will advance mobility toward a zero-emission, zero-fatality future on the roads.
Find out what Carlos Ghosn said on these interesting topics and more: